Social Icons

twitter facebook google plus rss feed email

Friday, February 7, 2014

Most Unforgettable Lines in the Fault in Our Stars


Well, since I'm sulking up with the whole movie "The Fault in Our Stars" to be shown in June rather than in February to be my Valentine Movie, I couldn't help but to reminisce and remember the whole story as I had read it last year. And believe me, this book has the greatest lines in most of YA romantic books you can find in the mall and here are some of my favorites that I'd like to share with you.

I hope you can find the feelings in them as I have and stir up emotions you never thought words can bring you.
  • "Some infinities are bigger than other infinities. A writer we used to like taught us that. There are days, many of them, when I resent the size of my unbounded set. I want more numbers than I'm likely to get, and God, I want more numbers for Augustus Waters than he got. But, Gus, my love, I cannot tell you how thankful I am for our little infinity. I wouldn't trade it for the world. You gave me a forever within the numbered days, and I'm grateful." - Hazel Grace
  • "It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you." - Augustus Waters
  • "I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we're all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever have, and I am in love with you." - Augustus Waters

  • "And then the line was quite but not dead. I almost felt like he was there in my room with me, but in a way it was better, like I was not in my room and he was not in his, but instead we were together in some invisible and tenuous third space that could only be visited on the phone." - Hazel Grace

  • "That's the thing about pain," Augustus said, and then glanced back at me. "It demands to be felt." - John Green
  • "There will come a time when all of us are dead. All of us. There will come a time when there are no human beings remaining to remember that anyone ever existed or that our species ever did anything. There will be no one left to remember Aristotle or Cleopatra, let alone you. Everything that we did and built and wrote and thought and discovered will be forgotten and all of this will have been for naught. Maybe that time is coming soon and maybe it is millions of years away, but even if we survive the collapse of our sun, we will not survive forever. There was time before organisms experienced consciousness, and there will be time after. And if the inevitability of human oblivion worries you, I encourage you to ignore it. God knows that’s what everyone else does." - John Green

  • You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world...but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices.” - Augustus Waters
  • "Maybe 'okay' will be our 'always'" - Augustus Waters
  • “As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.” - John Green

  • “Some people don't understand the promises they're making when they make them," I said. And then Isaac shot me a look. "Right, of course. But you keep the promise anyway. That's what love is. Love is keeping the promise anyway.” - John Green

Images credit to Google

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...